Process Validation Engineer
Salary: £35,000 (up to)
Selection Matters are delighted to be working with an exciting, progressive client who is based in the Cotswolds. They are looking for a Process Validation Engineer to join their Food Manufacturing Technologies Department.
To manage and deliver scientific and technical projects for thermal processing clients, with focus on the validation of thermal processes. The job will involve a blend of consultancy, training and research activities, as part of a close-knit team. A part of this role will be the ability to develop process validation and engineering services to clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developing and implementing agreed business development strategies to stimulate innovative areas of contract and training for both product and process development in the thermal processing areas. This will include marketing activities and preparing project proposals/tenders for clients (30%).
• Planning and managing own activities to meet project deadlines. This will be predominantly contract and training projects, but may include research activities (20%).
• Interpretation of results and preparation of client project reports to agreed standards (15%).
• Development of technical and professional skills within the PS team (10%)
• Responding to direct technical enquiries and requests for thermal process validation and optimisation advice using information retrieved from relevant sources (10%).
• Design and provision of training courses and presentations on external/internal training courses, seminars and symposia (10%).
• Maintenance of equipment and records for our business management system (5%).
• Ability to initiate, plan, conduct and report on technical project work for clients
• Ability to initiate and conduct commercial contract work, training activities and research projects, involving internal and external funding sources
• Ability to initiate and conduct innovative consultancy trials with clients and create opportunities for new business in the thermal processing arena
• Ability to work collaboratively with other areas within the Department and broader business
• Ability to work within defined timescales and budgets alone or as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Good verbal and written communication skills, including proven presentation skills
• Innovative approach and a self-starter
• Proficient in IT specifically Microsoft Office products; familiarity with computer modelling tools for thermal processing would be an advantage
• Full UK/EU driving licence and eligibility to live/work in the UK. Ability to travel within the UK and beyond
Experience and qualifications on entry
Degree or higher qualification in engineering or food technology
Experience of providing heat process validation and engineering solutions for thermal processing/treatments. Proven experience in this area would be required.
Experience of managing projects and resources
Effective time management skills for effective delivery and good business practices
An understanding of technical and commercial aspects of thermal processing of foods
Proven business development skills, with the potential and desire to develop these further
Time management and financial awareness to drive effective project management
Full UK/EU driving licence and eligibility to live/work in the UK. Ability to travel within UK and beyond
IT literate, including Microsoft Office products for data handling and interpretation. Experience in use of computer modelling tools (e.g. heat transfer tools or kinetic modelling) would be an advantage.
For more information, please do not hesitate to be in contact with Will at Selection Matters.
Selection Matters is an equal opportunity employer. No terminology contained within this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of an individual’s age, gender, disability, race, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
Selection Matters are a Recruitment Agency in Banbury. We deal with permanent and temporary jobs in Banbury and the surrounding areas.