Salary: £18,000 - £25,000 per anum
Our client is a tech start-up company in our third year looking for a junior developer to aid in the continuous integration and development of a self-service web platform.
We are looking for a developer that has an all-round knowledge of programming and tech so understands the principles of OOP, basics of web development, Persistent Data (SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB etc), Agile Methodologies and a quick read.
You’ll be working closely with the lead developer on the project as well as communicating with designers, management staff and web-platform administrators (Account managers) so will need to have excellent communication skills and a friendly approachable nature.
- Object Oriented Programming skills (Java / C# Preferred)
- Persistent Data (SQL / NoSQL i.e MongoDB or ElasticSearch)
- Knowledge of source control (Git, BitBucket, SVN etc) Preferred skills:
- Knowledge of modern IDEs such as VisualStudio, Eclipse etc
- Knowledge of AGILE Methodologies
- Ability to work in a team but also autonomously when needed
- Test Driven Development
- Experience with UX / UI Development and Design
You’ll need to be a quick read and learn proprietary packages but will have guidance from the senior developer where needed.
The role will eventually become a DevOps / Full-stack development role with the integration of Continuous Integration (CI) tools and source control.
If you feel that your skills and experience are well-suited to this role, please let us know by applying below and Selection Matters will help you get started.
Selection Matters is an equal opportunity employer. No terminology contained within this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of an individual’s age, gender, disability, race, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.