General Assistant/Production Lead
Salary: £7.50 per hour
Our client, a small privately owned business based out in Brackley, are looking for a General Assistant/Production Lead to join their close knit workshop team.
This is a temp to perm position, looking for someone who is interested in learning and wishes to progress into a lead role.
– Following satisfactory training, you are required to operate and maintain various machines and equipment
-Organise raw materials for storage and ready for extrusion as necessary. This will include preparing material for various colour products as required
– Cutting and reshaping of products to make finished parts to customer specification without any compromises. Extreme care should be taken to guarantee that we meet customer specifications.
– Prepare and suitably package all finished goods ready for shipment.
– Manage and oversee the organising and storage of all incoming deliveries. Help in loading and unloading at all times.
– Ensure that the working environment is kept clean and at a satisfactory standard. Our customers may judge our quality of work by the standard of our working environment!
– As a key member of the staff, you are required to ensure that all electricity and heating is turned off at the end of each day prior to leaving the premises.
– Ensure that all rubbish bins are emptied as necessary.
– Help on ad-hoc projects within the business.
– Accountable for executing and managing projects accordingly in-line with client specifications
– Planning and organising production schedules
– Reviewing, determining and if needed escalating quality control standards
– Overseeing production and packaging activities
– Re-negotiating timescales or schedules with the managing director
– Stock take management, identifying purchasing needs
– Identifying production errors or opportunities to add value/improvements inc. machine repairs.
– Supervising the work of junior staff
The ideal candidate will be keen to learn and develop a career within the Plastics/Engineering industry, self-motivated with the ability to act on own initiative as well as part of a team. Be flexible and adaptable. Have strong attention to detail and be target orientated. Possess problem solving skills.
Team management skills, project & accountability management and client relationship management (longer term, not an immediate).
Working hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. £7.50 per hour with the potential to increase after 12 weeks. This is a temp to perm opportunity.
If you are interested in this role you can “Apply Now” or call Michelle or Sabina NOW on 01295 477170, email you CV to email@example.com or pop into our office to have a chat.