Account Manager - PR
Salary: £20,000 - £32,000 DOE
Our client is a tourism consultancy specialising in PR, sales & marketing services for the luxury tourism industry. They are a growing company and place great emphasis on excellent client service.
Their head office is in London, but they have recently opened an office in central Oxford.
- Manage the day to day running of accounts, including budgets and hours.
- Responsible for client servicing, planning and building long term relationships with clients.
- Execute and manage the full range of account work, ensuring that allocated tasks and projects are completed on time, addressing barriers or issues in a positive manner.
- To both deliver and manage other staff members’ delivery account work on time and in budget.
- To act on some accounts as the key client contact and on others as a secondary client contact, building lasting relationships for client.
- To maintain the best levels of client service to ensure their clients are happy with the work and service they receive.
- To become a trusted and sought out advisor to your key clients
- To provide intelligent and well thought through counsel to clients on all aspects of their PR campaigns.
- Support the Account Director/Senior Account Manager or MD in planning the efficient and profitable operation of your Accounts.
- Complete understanding of how media works with strong brand and social media relationships. Engage and build relationships across the traditional and digital landscape to secure media coverage and other desired outcomes.
- Driving the media relations programme for all clients as laid out in the agreed programme of activity with your account director.
- Pro-actively seeking and identifying publicity opportunities to ensure that the maximum level of coverage is achieved for your client, project etc.
- Proactively looking for opportunities to grow the media horizons of the client.
- Recent experience of Travel PR & Sales Management within an agency or in-house ideally in the luxury tourism sector
- Writing – Demonstrate ability to research and write high-level and accurate copy – white papers, articles, comment, news releases, case studies, web copy, blog postings etc.; excellent attention to detail;
- Client handling – Ability to manage client relationships effectively, in-person, on the phone and via email
- Presenting – Ability to prepare proposals and presentations; and play an active role in pitching to clients. Demonstrate ability to network and convey the key USPs of client to wider business audience
- Media relations – Able to conduct effective media calls and maintain and develop lasting relationships with media; can advise junior members of the team on how best to approach media to secure results for clients
- Research and analysis – Able to conduct effective research for clients and analyze material where needed
Behaviours and attitudes
- Responsive, flexible and adaptable – Willing and able to take a lead, when appropriate, to ensure team succeeds in fast-paced environment; able to effectively work across multiple projects and activities
- Positive – has a positive attitude and looks for solutions to problems or issues
- Intelligence – applies wider business knowledge and common sense to all situations
- Confidence and enthusiasm – projects this in all the work that is conducted with clients, team members, prospects and stakeholders
- Persistence – does not give up, gets problems solved, completes tasks, ties-up loose ends
For more information, please do not hesitate to be in contact with Will at Selection Matters.
Selection Matters is an equal opportunity employer. No terminology contained within this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of an individual’s age, gender, disability, race, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
Selection Matters are a Recruitment Agency in Banbury. We deal with permanent and temporary jobs in Banbury, Oxford, and Birmingham.